Here we go.....Football season is underway. I love this time of year. Just something about the cool crisp weather, gathering with friends and watching the great kids of Connell play ball. I was really looking forward to last weeks game against Othello. More so than usual. When Kraymer was playing for CHS I always was sick to my stomach for fear that the kid would get hurt. Kade (I am knocking on wood as I type this) doesn't generally get hurt in sports, not like Kraymer did. So I was looking forward to a "less stressful" game to watch. Well, Kade didn't get hurt but now all of a sudden the ball is getting thrown to Kade a lot and now I'm dying that he is going to drop the darn thing. So needless to say, I'm back to another season of nerves while watching football. It was a rocky first game of the season but we won. Our coaches do a great job with the boys and I'm sure they will get the kinks out. The boys play in Chelan tonight and next week home against Cashmere - a tough schedule, but just what they need. Go Eagles!!
Connell Eagles 20, Othello Huskies 15
Photo by Greg Gerson
Photo by Greg Gerson

Kade #9 - Photo by Bob Barrett
This was the final play of the game - you can see the clock with no time left and the kid is in the end zone. sheeeshhh we got lucky.


No comments:
Post a Comment