Track is well underway. It has been fun but coooolllld. I am tired of the cold and hope to enjoy some warm sunshine soon! Kraymer and Kade have been having a great time in track and hopefully will make it to State in a few events. Kade competes in the high jump, triple jump, long jump and and 4x400 relay. Kraymer throws the shot put, javelin and discus and does the fat man relay ha. Below are some pictures that Mr. Gerson took. He is a sub teacher that travels to all sporting events for CHS students and takes pictures for free and then gives a disc to the kids at the end of the season. He is amazing and does a great job. He rarely misses an event!


Karigan has been busy with drivers ed and just finished the course! The State does things different now. Now if you pass the written at the end of drivers ed, you don't have to take the written test when your 16 to get your license! Karigan passed so she was very happy! We were also told that by the time Karigan is 16, the drivers ed teacher will probably be able to test her on her drive and not have to travel to Kennewick like our other 4 drivers did. That will be so nice!

This picture summarizes Karigan's personality. Her sisters taught her well....or not :)
Kaitlan is busy working and sleeping. She works 6 - 12 hour night shifts. She is making lots of money but not too great on her social life :) Todd passes her on the road when he heads to the hospital as she is coming home. That's all he sees her. The other kids see her before they leave for school for a few minutes. I get to see her when she wakes up for about an hour before she heads to work. Regardless, it's been nice having her home.
Shayne and Kortneigh are at BYU. Shayne is going to school year round and Kortneigh is working the summer then resuming classes in the Fall. They are enjoying married life and BYU. They are both hard workers with high goals. They are great for each other.
The Easter bunny found us. Notice our "nests". A tradition my parents started when we were little. We didn't have baskets so everyone made a nest of the clothes they wore that day. Then we knew right where to go to see what the Easter bunny brought us. It's fun to see traditions pass down from generation to generation. I think all of my nieces and nephews have carried on the tradition with their own children. In fact, my great niece, Kaycee, just assumed that everyone made a nest for Easter.

Prom 2011
We fixed dinner for Kraymer and Kade's prom dates and a few friends and their dates. Earlier in the afternoon they went shotgun shooting and played games. It was a fun night. Todd smoked tri-tip and chicken. Karigan made up cute menus where they got to choose what they wanted to eat and we were the waitresses. It was a really fun night.


I just wanted to make it apparent that the picture I am posing in, I was told to pose, that was not a natural reaction. Honestly! Now, if it were a natural reaction then I could honestly say I have learned from Kaitlan & Kortneigh(: Ha!
ReplyDelete~Karigan
haha. It is so crazy how fast your family is growing up. I still remember that picture, years ago, of karigan and I on that litlte blow up toy down by the river. Wow, crazy how fast things go by!
ReplyDeleteLittle addition to your post. Kortneigh asked me if I was going to make my nest.... I looked at her like huh??? She wasn't sure if it was a family thing or not. I should tell her to read your post so she knows where it came from. Haha funny story!
ReplyDelete