Thursday, February 19, 2009

BYU Intramural Basketball


Our intramural team has gone 4:1 so far this season. We are ranked at the end of the regular season and then playoffs start! Julie (in the black Connell shirt) is one of our best friends and played high school basketball together. The Summer between 7th and 8th grade, Julie, Kortneigh, and I went to a BYU Basketball camp; while we were there we met a girl named Macey. We all became friends and emailed back and forth a few times, but soon lost touch. Well, a few weeks into school I thought I recognized a girl at church. Come to find out it was Macey! She happens to live a couple stairwells over from us!! It is for sure a small world at BYU!! (Macey is the one between Julie and I) The other girls are random friends that we've met at school. Our "coach" is one of the girls brother. Starting playoffs he'll be in a suit, carrying a whiteboard and whistle--it gets pretty intense!!

We have 11 girls on our roster, but not everyone shows up each game. This game (above) we played 10 minutes with only 4 girls...we ended up losing by 5. Playoffs is all that matters though:)

*Keep in mind these pictures are taken AFTER the games. Haha


1 comment:

  1. OH boy I miss those days! After you get old and have no life, it is really hard to find a good competetive basketball game to play. Good luck, I hope you guys take it all!

    ReplyDelete